I once climbed a fence to get even just a glimpse of the pope on the stage. The elevation was my only hope and it was the only clear space. For a very brief moment, I saw him and I could not explain the joy. It was pure bliss that no misfortune could ruin what I was feeling. As I jumped down, one of the metal arches caught my shirt and tore it, I did not care. Someday, will I be able to see You Lord? It will be the most beautiful thing that I would ever see and know and love and hope for.
Luke 19:1-10
Jesus entered Jericho and was going through the town when a man whose name was Zacchaeus made his appearance; he was one of the senior tax collectors and a wealthy man. He was anxious to see what kind of man Jesus was, but he was too short and could not see him in the crowd; so he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree to catch a glimpse of Jesus who was to pass that way. When Jesus reached the spot He looked up and spoke to him; "Zacchaeus, come down. Hurry, because I must stay at your house today," And he hurried down and welcomed Him joyfully. They all complained when they saw what was happening; :He has gone to stay at a sinner's house!" they said. But Zacchaeus stood his ground and said to the Lord, "Look, sir, I am going to give half my property to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody I will pay him back four times the amount" And Jesus said to him "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man too is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek out and save what was lost."
No comments:
Post a Comment